Phase 2 BCGBA Guidance
Updated: Jun 24, 2020
The BCGBA have issued new guidance today regarding bowling clubs opening in light of the Phase 2 rules from the Government effective from Monday 1 June.
The full 6-page document is below for you to read but the main changes seem to be that during Phase 2 .....
• A maximum of 6 people allowed on the green at any one time
• Groups should be limited to a maximum of 3 groups (total 6 people)
• Example 1 family group of 3 and 1 group of 2
• Example 2 Family group of 3 plus one from outside family group, one other group of 2 (Maximum 6 people)
• Groups should maintain social distancing and keep up to 4 metres between groups to allow for social distancing between groups.
• No spectators or markers are allowed around the green
• Club Buildings and toilets can open see separate guidance sheet – particular attention to hand-washing facilities and cleaning of the toilets.
• Limited access to clubhouse, walkways and toilets. Ensure risk assessment and notices are displayed on hygiene and handwashing.
• Over-70's: This group have additional risks due to the nature of the virus and additional conditions should be adopted to keep everyone safe. Each club is expected to adopt their own special measures to ensure that this age group of more vulnerable bowlers remain safe.