Greens can re-open but with conditions
Updated: Jul 1, 2020
Phase 1 of the relaxation of the full coronavirus lockdown as regards bowling clubs means that clubs are allowed to re-open their greens as from Wednesday 13 May but only under strict conditions. The full impact of these conditions can be found in the document at the foot of this posting along with a No Entry Poster.
An extract from the full conditions is below as a taster for what is involved.
This guidance has been produced by the BCGBA and complies with the current Government Phase 1 guidelines
• Limited Green Opening, Exercise and Practice (Full Social distancing must be maintained 2 metres distance)
• During Phase 1 only 1 group permitted on the green at a time
• Bowling Greens can re-open, but you should only partake alone, or with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while practising social distancing.
• Club Schedule of Attendance (names, dates & times must be recorded) produced to ensure limited attendance should be maintained (record of green availability should be maintained)
• Club to appoint a central contact (To enable track and trace records should this be required)
• Only Club members allowed on a Green
• Ensure that your insurance cover is up to date, Endsleigh Cover is dependant on membership of BCGBA (club fee £35.00)
• Each Club will have to make their own assessment of the safety in opening your green
• Arrangements should be made to manage the social distancing and all other hygiene procedures
• You will need to ensure you have your landlord’s permission to open the green if this applies
• Maintenance schedule will need to be reviewed to ensure green is available for play prior to opening
• Club Buildings and toilets to remain closed, will be reviewed as part of phase 2/3
Two attached files are: 1. Conditions for the re-opening of bowling greens
2. No Entry Poster